No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Shots
Move over PSL, these little pumpkin pie shots will take care of that pumpkin pie craving!
It seems like every year when October 1st hits, every.thing.in.the.store.is.pumpkin. That undeniable cinnamon, nutmeg and clove blend seems to be infused somewhere on every aisle. Don’t get us wrong, we love a good pumpkin bagel, pumpkin spice granola and pumpkin spice added to our morning coffee, but what we really love most is stocking up on actual canned pumpkin. And then turning out some pumpkin muffins, turkey pumpkin chili, pumpkin butter and these cute little pie shots.
The core of these shots is homemade pumpkin butter. Not butter - butter (made from dairy). But straight pumpkin, sweetened with some brown sugar, loaded with pumpkin pie spices and cooked down to a creamy buttery texture that you can eat in so many different ways. It’s great mixed in with plain yogurt, or on top of ricotta toast.
Nothing says fall or Thanksgiving like pumpkin pie! The next time you’re hosting a party or tasked with bringing dessert to a potluck and don’t have time to bake a pie - whip up these little Pumpkin Pie Shots for a fun and healthy take on a classic dessert.
Get ready for fall with this easy to make classic pumpkin butter.
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 can (15 oz), pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and creamy, stirring frequently.
- If needed, add additional water, 1 Tbsp at a time, for desired consistency.
- Remove from heat to cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Shots
Decadent pumpkin butter is layered with graham cracker crumbs and topped with creamy vanilla yogurt, pumpkin pie spices and a crispy gingersnap cookie.
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 batch pumpkin butter
- ½ cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup low-fat greek vanilla yogurt (1 Tbsp on each)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Optional Garnish: ½ gingersnap per shot
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar.
- Place graham/sugar mixture on the bottom of 8 large shot glasses or small bowls (about 1 Tbsp. per serving).
- Divide pumpkin butter evenly among glasses.
- Top each glass with 1 Tbsp of vanilla yogurt, dash of pumpkin pie spice, and ½ gingersnap.
120 calories, 1.5 g total tat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 26 g total carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 20 g total sugars, 2 g protein